Hen House Ventures is looking to find a colorful and productive Graphic Designer to join our team.
This person creates the digital images that encompass the brand making it visually attractive and appealing to the target audience. This is a critical role within the Hen House team. Your work will persuade viewers, excite them and ultimately get them to respond. Our ideal candidate is a spirited, skilled and imaginative artist with an eye for detail and a respect of timelines.
Common assets the graphic designer would create and manage:
1. Brand and product logos, brand extensions and infographics
2. Digital images that convey product use for collateral, websites, videos, presentations
3. Fluent designs for websites, PowerPoint presentations, HTML emails, postcards/ mailers
4. Miscellaneous imagery and complementary stock photo collection
The graphic designer would work with the creative team that is assigned to a project. The assets required will be scoped out in advance, and the review process already planned.
- Associates or Bachelors degree, preferably in design or marketing
- 3 + years in marketing as a graphic designer
- Preferable experience working for a software companies, creating graphics
- Keen sense for time management and production time management
- Equally strong in graphic creativity and graphic production
- Genuinely interested in innovation, technology and entrepreneurism
- Have graphics that have been published/ used publicly
- Excellent with Adobe Suite, Pixlr, Google Drive
- Organized and can manage a centralized graphic repository
We are seeking to work with candidates who have these qualities
- Are highly creative and imaginative, interested in client’s solution and how their buyer visualizes the brand
- Are skilled in designing sharp imagery that adheres to style guides and parameters
- Very quick to produce, but does not forego detail at the final stage.
- Can take constructive criticism of the design very well, and seeks for problem resolution
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Work well within a team and with clients
- Work under pressure, deliver on deadlines
- Self-managed, self-motivated and well organized
- Be able to see and empathize with other person’s point-of-view
- Work within strict timeframes
- Have an eye for detail
- Develop and maintain a clear and consistent brand voice
This is a contract position, where the candidate would work on a designated hourly basis according to the assets needed for a project.
About Hen House Ventures
Founded in 2012, Hen House Ventures helps startup technology companies and service providers design, hone and execute a go-to-market plan. We work with extremely innovative companies across the United States, who need a highly-qualified marketing, sales and operations team to quickly deliver results.
Clients consider us a strategic marketing firm. Others call us the doers. Our reputation for quickly launching products, companies, and programs with high success rates has granted us a strong reputation and deep appreciation amongst the startup tech sector.
Our company name is the start of our success story – Hen House Ventures incubates ideas into something great. And the secret is our focus on our client’s client – who is the most important person in business. We help companies that are disrupting the playing field by keeping a close eye on the buyer and all of the factors that influence their decision.
Hen House Ventures has served over 20 software companies. We work in technology sectors such as CRM, eCommerce and Marketplaces, Enterprise software, Fundraising platforms, AI enterprise tools, Big Data analytics, Healthcare Rewards platforms, Robotics, and Real Estate transaction software.
Common projects that Hen House manages for our clients include fundraising pitches, market testing, product refinement, corporate communications, target audience engagement and lead lifecycle management. We manage branding, messaging, content strategy, digital branding and presence (including websites, advertising, SEO, lead generation), event management, public relations, and social media.
Becoming a Hen House Specialist
Working at Hen House Ventures couldn’t be more fun. Our programs run between 3 to 12 months with each client, allowing us the opportunity to learn about their solution nuances and deeply learn about their niche industry. All Hens get to establish connections with the clients and participate in meetings and presentations.
Based upon your skillset, interests, and availability, Hen House will assign you to a project, and will allow you to set your hours and your deliverable timeframe. We like working with self-motivated, well-organized individuals who are strong communicators.
All who join the Hen House team are trained in Marketing and Operations so you learn about new technology and approaches with every project. We have an on-boarding program so that you understand priorities, maximize your time management, and can communicate project contributions and observations.
Let us know by sending us your resume and reason why you're interested in this opportunity. Please include links to your portfolio. mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org